The Twitter Account Activity API provides you the ability to subscribe to realtime activities related to a user account via webhooks. This means that you can receive realtime Tweets, Direct Messages, and other account events from one or more of your owned or subscribed accounts through a single connection.
What you need to get started
In order to get started with the Account Activity API, the following elements are required:
- A developer account is required to use any Twitter's APIs. If you don’t have one already, you can apply for one.
- A Twitter developer app with the right permissions. You can create a new app by selecting the “Create an app” button under the Apps section of your developer portal.Make sure to enable “Read, Write, and Direct Messages, on the permissions tab of your app page. Note that permission settings are not retroactive for authorized users with previous lower permission settings.
On the “Keys and Access token” tab, take a note of your app’s Consumer API Key and API Secret. This information will enable you to generate a bearer token.
You will also have to generate your app’s access token and access token secret. You will need these when you register your webhook URL.
- A developer environment, which can be set up in the Dev environments section of your developer portal. Select your app and choose an environment name. The name you choose will replace the :env_name token when you start using the different Account Activity API endpoints.
Once you have created the app you will need to enter the chaskiq web panel and add the integration on the app.
- Enter the app and go to settings -> integrations -> available integrations (tab)
- Look for twitter package and add the integration with the add button (+)
- enter your Twitter credentials
If it's all good you will be now connected with twitter , try to send you a direct message and see if Chaskiq receive them.